10 Apps All Real Estate Investors Need
With only 24 hours in a day, how do successful real estate investors manage to get everything done? The answer is straightforward: They use the best technology. The following 10 apps will help you save time, stay organized, and maximize your efforts:
- Do you appreciate the convenience and transparency of Angie’s List? Then why not get the app? Just like the website, it gives members access to listings of local businesses and contractors across the country, along with ratings and reviews. The Angie’s List app is only available for Android.
- If you’re interested in HUD homes, you need the HUDHomestore Mobile Search app, which is free for both iOS and Android. It features an up to date database of HUD homes across the country with search filters to specify location, search radius, type of property, price, bid deadline, and more. Plus, it provides the contact information of listing brokers so you can reach out when you find an interesting property.
- Commercial real estate investors absolutely need LoopNet Commercial Real Estate Search. It allows you to look for commercial listings in your chosen area and provides details of properties according to your search criteria. While the LoopNet website offers a slightly better functionality, the app—free for both Android and iOS—gets high marks for enabling access to comprehensive listings when you’re on the go.
- If you’re financing any of your projects with long-term loans, then Mortgage Calculator is a handy desktop tool for quickly and accurately calculating mortgage payments for potential investments. It offers a comprehensive range of options including various types of mortgages and refinancing models, as well as taxes, fees, insurance, and more. Moreover, it has an impressive advice section with information about financing, credit, and savings. Last, but certainly not least, it provides a mortgage calculator widget and three mortgage rate widgets that you can install on your own website free of charge.
- Creating, managing, and sharing documents and spreadsheets when you’re on the go has never been simpler thanks to Office 365 Business. The core subscription covers all the desktop functionalities you’re used to—but now you also get mobile capabilities that offer many of the same functionalities as the desktop versions. Plus, with 1TB of cloud storage, you can access all your documents and files, no matter where you are. There are three subscription levels for business use starting at $8.25 per user per month.
- Frustrated by complicated photo editing programs? Then you need Photo Measures, an app that allows you to take photos of the exterior and interior of properties and immediately draw measurements on them. You can share the results with your architect or contractor, or simply save them yourself for future reference. Photo measures costs $6.99 for iOS and $4.99 for Android.
- Property Tracker is a great property management tool. It allows you to do everything from cash flow tracking and vacancy rate monitoring to performance reports generation and tax document creation. It also features a property evaluator tool you can use when looking for your next investment. You can sign up for a free trial for the online platform; after that, it costs $37 per month. Property Tracker is also available for Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
- Real Estate Investing Analyst is a sophisticated yet user-friendly app that allows you to assess potential residential and commercial real estate investments. You can see varying pricing models bases on target cash-on-cash return, price per square foot, internal rate of return, or capitalization rate. It also features a handy “financing likelihood indicator,” which rates the viability of your proposed financing structure. Real Estate Investing Analyst comes in free and premium versions and is currently only available for iOS.
- If you like Redfin, then you’ll love the Redfin Real Estate app. Its data is refreshed every 30 minutes so you can see the most up to date listings in the area based on your search criteria. You can see recent sales data, read insights from agents about available homes, and share interesting properties with your team via email or text message. This free app is available for both iOS and Android.
- TurboFLOORPLAN 3D Home and Landscape Pro 2017 offers every feature you need to visualize your rehab projects. Easy drag-and-drop functionality allows you to create customized floor plans, digitally remodel and decorate rooms, and virtually plan stunning landscaping. Best of all, you can share your 3D designs with investors, buyers, and tenants! In addition, the app also features tools to calculate material requirements and costs. The app costs $99.99 for Windows and for $149 for Mac.
Check out these 10 apps to see which ones fit your needs, and you’ll soon find out how they can help you streamline your business!